Exercise: Add Field Transformations ProductModel, ProductCategory, and ProductSubCategory
Fields transformations let you modify existing data in a number of ways. For example, you can easily reverse the sign of numeric values, trim fields or return a specified number of characters from the original field value. For more detailed information, please see Selecting, Validating and Transforming Data.
- Expand the Product table in the DSA Data Warehouse
- Right click the ProductModelName field and select Field Transformations
- Select Fixed value in the Operator drop-down list
- Type "None" in the Value box and click Add button
- Right click the Transformation "Fixed Value 'None'" and select Add Condition
- Select the ProductModelName field in the Conditions pane
- Leave the value "Is empty" in the Operator drop-down list and click Add button
- Repeat steps 2 through 7 for ProductCategoryName field and ProductSubCategoryName field.
- Deploy and Execute the Product table
- Validate the result using Preview and Query Tool
Note: Video is free of audio
- Search for key words in the Support Portal to find topics that may already have answers.
- Can find the answer to your question? Post your question in the TimeXtender community forum!
- Write your question in the box and select the appropriate topic.