Download the AdventureWorks Sample Database
This training uses the "AdventureWorks 2019" free sample transactional database provided by Microsoft. To download and restore the database in on-premises SQL Server, please follow the instructions below. You may also review the Microsoft Documentation on AdventureWorks sample databases.
Instructions for loading the AdventureWorks database into Azure SQL or On-Prem SQL Server
- Download the AdventureWorks.bacpac and save it to your computer.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to your Azure SQL or SQL Server Instance.
- Right-Click Databases > Import Data-tier Application...
- Follow the wizard to import the database.
- Microsoft Doc on Importing Bacpac files
- Review the AdventureWorks Github page.
- AdventureWorks Data dictionary: https://www.sqldatadictionary.com/AdventureWorks20...
- View the AdventureWorks entity relationship diagram (click to open & zoom):